Thank you for your service to our country. Stay-NC was developed to provide access to valuable tools necessary when making the decision to transition out of military service. North Carolina values your training and skills – and we want you to Stay-NC!
Developed and maintained by the North Carolina Military Business Center, Stay-NC.org is a resource page for military personnel, family members and employers designed to help YOU find employment – and to Stay-NC!
ABOUT THE NORTH CAROLINA MILITARY BUSINESS CENTER.
The North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) is a business development entity of the North Carolina Community College System, headquartered at Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC). The mission of the NCMBC is to leverage military and other federal business opportunities to expand the economy, grow jobs and improve quality of life in North Carolina.
The NCMBC’s primary goal is to increase federal revenues for businesses in North Carolina. The Department of Defense has an annual impact of $66 billion and is the second largest sector of North Carolina’s economy (12% GDP). With six major military bases, 116 National Guard and 40 Army Reserve facilities and the third highest number of uniformed military personnel in the country, the State of North Carolina created the NCMBC to leverage opportunities with these installations, DoD commands and federal agencies operating worldwide.
The NCMBC connects North Carolina firms to current government contracting opportunities in two ways – with a team of business development specialists across the state who also provide technical services, and electronically with www.MatchForce.org.
Business Development. The NCMBC’s business development team includes experienced business development, industry and procurement specialists operating from 12 Community Colleges across the state – from Franklin to Elizabeth City. These specialists identify the most lucrative federal contract opportunities (prime and subcontracts), notify and pre-position North Carolina firms for specific opportunities, and assist firms to understand government solicitations, prepare winning proposals and to successfully execute federal contracts.
- Contracts – to increase federal revenues for businesses in North Carolina
- Employment – to support the integration of transitioning military, family members and veterans into the North Carolina workplace
- Recruitment – to support recruitment of defense businesses to North Carolina
- Technology Transition – introducing NC technologies to Department of Defense thru the North Carolina Defense Technology Transition Office (DEFTECH)
SERVICES & FOCUS.
- Market intelligence – identifying future business opportunities in key sectors
- Pre-positioning and training – for future and current opportunities
- Current business development – connecting businesses to contract opportunities
- Solicitation and proposal support – assisting businesses to compete and win
- Training and resources – providing tools to overcome contracting obstacles
- Events and networking – focused on target sectors
The NCMBC also conducts employment programs to support the integration of highly skilled, transitioning military personnel, family members and veterans into the state workforce, and supports economic developers in recruiting defense-related businesses to North Carolina. The NCMBC maintains a searchable, historical database of transitioning military personnel to help economic developers quantify this potential workforce for businesses locating in North Carolina.
For more information about Stay-NC, the NCMBC or resources that are available to transitioning military and their family, please contact Courtney Smedick (email@example.com).