I Hire Military
The North Military Business Center (NCMBC) created and launched “I Hire Military” as an initiative to alert North Carolina employers of the value of hiring transitioning military and personnel and family members and provide a forum for employers to designate themselves as military friendly employers.
The goal in North Carolina is to grow jobs, expand our economy, expand our tax base and provide better quality of life for everyone in our state – military and civilians.
A key component of expanding existing industries and attracting new businesses is a capable and ready workforce. Our transitioning military personnel and military family members represent a viable resource to support the workforce requirements expanding business capacity.
Businesses in North Carolina who agree to the below compact will receive the “I Hire Military” logo to proudly display on their website and social media sites.
The “I Hire Military” initiative is designed to supplement existing workforce resources for the hiring of transitioning military and spouses including NCWorks, NC4Me and other programs. The NCMBC encourages employers interested in hiring military to utilize those resources for hiring of military transitioning personnel.
COMPACT ON HIRING TRANSITIONING MILITARY PERSONNEL & FAMILY MEMBERS
As a participant in the “I Hire Military” campaign this business believes:
- Veterans and military spouses have served our country honorably
- North Carolina appreciates veterans’ and spouses’ service to our country
- Veterans and military spouses bring outstanding knowledge, skills, abilities, education, training, discipline and work ethic to the North Carolina workforce
- Veterans and military spouses deserve honorable employment
- Veterans and military spouses would help this business succeed
This Business pledges:
- To hire veterans and military spouses whenever possible & practical
- To proudly display the “I Hire Military” logo on our their website, social media sites and print media (if applicable), to demonstrate its commitment to hiring veterans and military spouses.
- To be listed on the “I Hire Military” registry, which is available to active duty military personnel, veterans and military spouses who are seeking employment and establishments with which to do businesses
The North Carolina Military Business Center will maintain a registry of businesses who have agreed to this compact and pledged to hire military whenever possible and practical.
If you agree to the above compact, please complete this short form: